Last updated: April 1, 2022
Welcome to RecipeBox!
We welcome your feedback, so if you have any questions about your privacy, please email us at email@example.com.
Children Under the Age of 16
The Services are not intended for anyone under the age of 18. Additionally, we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on or through the Services or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect
Information that you provide to us:
Examples of information you provide to us include your name, email address, physical address, zip code, payment method, and telephone number. This information is collected in a number of ways, including, but not limited to, when you register on or through the Services, your interactions with customer support, marketing promotions, and surveys.
Information that we collect automatically:
There are some forms of information that we collect automatically, including:
- Information about your interactions with and use of the Services including our website and mobile application.
- Details about your interactions with customer support, such as the times and dates of interactions, the details of the interactions, and live-chat transcripts.
- Device identifiers such as the type of device you use, the version of your browser, your operating system, and identifiers that can be used to uniquely identify your device, as well as real-time information collected through the about the location of your device.
- Standard web-logging information such as page views, referral URLs, ad data, IP addresses, connection information, browser versions, and operating system versions.
- Information from advertising network partners about the type of ads you have viewed or interacted with.
If you do not want us to collect this information, do not access or use the Services (or delete the Services from your devices).
Information obtained from other sources:
We may supplement the information collected through the Services with information we obtain from other sources, both online and offline. Examples of this additional information includes demographic information or Internet browser behavior information. We use this data to better understand our past, current and future users and to improve the Services.
Our Use of Your Information
We use the information we collect to provide, analyze, administer, enhance and personalize our service and marketing initiatives. For example, we may use the information to:
- Identify your general geographic location, such as a city or zip code, to determine locally available products and discounts or for other local marketing efforts.
- Detect, prevent or investigate fraudulent uses of the Services.
- Send you service- or marketing-related emails or push notifications.
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of the Services when you choose to do so.
- To monitor usage of the Services
We may use de-identified or aggregated non-personal information collected from your use of the Services to improve the content and functionality of the Services, and in connection with measurements, analytics, and advertising relationships with our partners. One such example would be to understand where our customers live in order to evaluate potential partnerships.
Our Disclosure of Your Information
RecipeBox does not sell your information. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may share your information with certain third parties without further notice to you, such as in the following examples:
- Service Providers: We use other third party companies and contractors (“Service Providers”) to perform services for us or to assist in marketing, research, advertising, communications, infrastructure, and IT services in the course of providing our Services to you.
For example, RecipeBox shares data with Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.
- Promotional Offers: We may offer joint marketing promotions that, in order for you to participate, will require that we share your information with third parties. By participating in these joint promotions, you agree to our sharing of your information. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of any third-party businesses or guarantee that their practices are similar to ours.
- Legal Requirements: RecipeBox may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, to protect the rights, property or safety of RecipeBox, our customers or others.
- Others with access to your account: If you choose to share your account with other parties, they may have access to any of your personal information.
You can erase and block these cookies using the features available on your web browser. However, should you do this, it is possible that portions of the site may not function properly or at all.
If you don’t want to receive emails from us, you can simply “Unsubscribe” via a link in the email. However, there are certain administrative emails from which you can’t unsubscribe, such as service notifications and emails related to your financial transactions with us.
Our mobile app will prompt you to opt in to receive push notifications. If you later decide you don’t want to receive push notifications, you can disable them on the devices receiving the notifications.
Right to Access Your Information
We use reasonable administrative, technical, physical and managerial measures to protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to, on or through the Services (including our websites and mobile application). Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services.
Transfer of Information
Links to Other Sites
California Consumer Privacy Act
To provide certain features of the Services (including our website and mobile application), we process personal information whether or not you are logged into our Services. As described above (see Business Transfer), we may share your personal information for business purposes either with your permission or otherwise where permissible under the CCPA. We don’t sell any of your personal information.
Here is a summary of categories of personal information we have collected from or about our customers or users over the last 12 months, as well as some information about how we use it and ways we may have shared it.
Categories of Personal Information RecipeBox Has Collected: • Identifiers (e.g., name, mailing or email address, phone number). • Internet or other electronic networking activity information (e.g., browser or search history). • Financial information. • Location-related information including your precise device location if you choose to allow us to collect it.
Examples of Uses of Personal Information: • Providing, personalizing and improving the Services. • Facilitating transactions. • Providing measurement, analytics, advertising, or other business services. • Communicating with you. • Enable Marketing and Promotional Offers. • To perform other business purposes.
Parties with Whom RecipeBox Has or May Share Personal Information: • Advertising partners. • Partners who use our measurement, analytics, and advertisement services. • Partners who make Promotional Offers that you opt into. • Law enforcement or other parties in connection with legal requests. • New owners in the event of a change of ownership of control of all or part of RecipeBox, or a purchase of all or substantially all of our assets.
Under the CCPA, you have the following rights:
- The Right to Understand your Data: You have the right to request that we disclose to you the personal information we collect, use, or disclose;
- Right to Request Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you;
- Right to Equal Treatment: We won’t discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights.
To exercise your rights, contact us by email at email@example.com.
In order to protect your information, we will need to verify your identity before we can process your request. In some cases, we may need additional personal information to do so, such as your government issued ID.
You may exercise your rights personally or appoint and authorized agent to exercise your rights on your behalf. We may request that your authorized agent has written permission to act on your behalf. In order to verify the identity of your authorized agent, we may need to collect personal information from the agent, such as a government issued ID.
If you are concerned that we have not complied with your legal rights or applicable privacy laws, you may bring a complaint internally through our complaints process, please contact the RecipeBox Customer Support Team. Your complaint will be investigated by our team, and a response to your complaint will be provided in writing within a reasonable period.